View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #248 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I always felt that, given enough time and money, I could fix anything that had wheels and propelled itself doen the road. I fixed a water damaged 300 ZX that was still on the road 10 years later without issues, but every part I needed was basically free and even then the profit made was hardly justified by the time involved.

In all the years and all of the cars I have worked on or been involved with repairing, I can name the water damaged ones on one hand and I worked at a Chrysler Dealership that had over 100 new cars flooded by a nor-easter with fresh water in the mid 1970s, when electronics were like cave art compared to today.

Best prospect to repair this car would be a roll-over without any significant electrical system damage. Much simpler to disassemble this one and sell the parts to reapir shops for fixing other ones. Severe hail damage would be another possibility, or one tore up in a tornado without electrical damage, if that is even possible.

Wish you luck with it Ben. I wish I could have been allowed to imput some of my experience, especially when I saw the instrument panel and knew how bad the damage would be, with the obvious evidence of the water level above the steeriong column.

regards
Mech