Thread: KBB Pricing
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealii View Post
the problem with kbb is that its a broad area, a car rated good in Texas would be considered excellent up here in Ohio. Most the time people take KBB's price and jack it up higher if the cars mostly stock, that way when someone tries to bring the price down they get what they think the car is worth. when i go into something like this i bring money in pocket and when you go to do the dealing with the price bring out the cash money talks
I had not thought that the qualifications for conditions would vary from location to location, but all things being equal, I would not expect cars to have the exact same values across the country.

List-Alert notified me of a new post. I wish that it could recognize reposts. This guy is asking more than any other one that I have considered. It is stock except for "6000k HID lights tinted windows." Well, I paid $200 for a tint on my Forester that I never received. You would think that they would absorb the sunlight, but they are supposed to help keep the car cooler.

They do have the original wheels, unlike the previous ones that I have seen. I still have the cash from the last one and since it has been for sale for at least two weeks, maybe he will come down, although maybe he or she will not and that is why it is still for sale.

So, I was planning on offering the cash. That would at least give me a negotiation point.

Either I need to spend a day or two working on my car to sell, or I need to ask much less. Do you think that it would be fair to ask ten or fifteen percent above Blue Book to leave room for negotiation?