Thread: KBB Pricing
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
^^ this. Don't ever ask someone what their best price is until you are there in person, with cash. I don't even respond to emails or phone messages asking that before someone has seen the car. If they are actually serious about buying what you have for sale, they will take the time to show up and look at it. I have actually sold cars for less than I had planned to, simply because the person showed up on time, wasn't whining about little scratches etc (it's a used car, if you want perfect, go buy a new one), and didn't try to tell me what my car was worth or what was wrong with it. If I am asking $3000 for a car, and someone starts picking it apart, humming and hawing, then they are paying $3000 if they buy it. If they just look at it, and say "I like it, I will pay you $2500", I will probably sell it to them. Mainly because it's worth the $500 to not have to deal with the first kind of person lol