View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mira
Captain Planet

Smokey - '00 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 38.53 mpg (US)

Jade - '02 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejM View Post
I see that another nice project is coming, good luck!
SGII and a grill block is a great start, along with pumping up the tires and thinner oil it should give you noticeable difference in FE. But if you drive mostly in suburbs and city it good to think of loosing some weight. Maybe a smaller battery, maybe some junk from the trunk? Unused seats and carpets?

Anyway keep us posted on the progress.
Good suggestions. Thanks! Weight reduction should be of more priority for me... Starting now! I have thought about removing the rear seats. I would only do so if I could remove/replace them without too too much difficulty. On my long summer trips I post ads for rideshare, and a seat would be a nice accommodation for my guests

My battery ought to have a good bit of life left in it, which is good so I can decide what I want to do in that area. A smaller battery, perhaps, but that sounds a bit too easy for me. I'm going to research deep cycle units, alternator switches, or maybe even some electrical assistance. Gotta find out what exactly is possible, however ridiculous it may be I'll probably be open to trying it

I can't wait to rideshare this summer, maybe I can recruit a new member or two for the EM crew!