View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
First: congrats on busting through the big 4-0.

Second: I really, really like your success story. Yeah, this site is supposed to be about the mods. But it's great to see a regular non-modding type of person get inspired enough to break old habits and instantly become more financially efficient (cars on credit) and fuel efficient.

No mods though... not even tire pressure?

Definitely go for the MPGuino. It changes things a lot -- it'll turn exceeding 40 mpg into a game. (And you can even re-sell it later, if you want.)

One more super inexpensive mod I'd highly recommend (if you're a skilled driver): put in an engine kill switch, and kill that I.C.E. when you don't need it to be running. It'll be good for another 5-10% boost in MPG, easily.
Metro,

First, off, thanks!! I know the site is about ecomoding, but I think you can ecomod a person?? Isn't that similar to adjusting the nut behind the wheel?

Yes, I forgot to add that I did pump the tires up. They aren't at max, but will be soon. I wanted to go up in increments just in case.

If I keep the car, a kill switch is on the list. I sit at lights enough for that to make a difference.

I am waiting to see an MPGuino for sale in the classifieds. I am going to hold out for a bit longer and if I don't see one, I am going to pull the trigger on a new one.