View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
crexcrex
EcoModding Apprentice

1989 crx si fender skirts

Found a few pix of AndrewJ's Civic mods online before registering with ecomodders.I have worked with plastics a few years back and decided to use another method to make the rear skirts.

I certainly appreciate the work you did but i concluded that there is an easier method and the skirts weigh only a few ounces and do not require the elaborate set up that you have for the skirts. I would say that you did a great job.

i have used coroplast which is basically plastic cardboard and drilled holes into the lip of the wheelhousing to attach the skirts, i personally decided to go to the outside as the rear bumper when accidently bumped in a parking lot will move the rear bumper forward and deform the plastic skirts and pop them off.

Attaching the coroplast to the outside seemed to be a better method inclusive of using plastic screws as fasteners, when bumped from the rear the skirt flexs and the plastic screws will flex as well. we all have our preferences and i appreciate your method as well.
Now if i can attach a pix of the rear skirts it may be of interest. The pix are of a 1989 crx si minus the rear wiper............how does one enter the url to upload the photo's?