Thread: Gadgetman
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #80 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by divedaddy03 View Post
I have a totally unbiased opinion of the gadget groove (or whatever he calls it) so I will be the perfect test subject. I don't like negativity, from anybody...whether the person/persons are right or wrong and maybe this will help to set the record strait which ever way it goes.
Sure... Feel free to waste your own money, trying to prove that this rip-off somehow actually works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedaddy03 View Post
Hopefully, if I step off the edge of the cliff (for all of you) you will be there to cordially catch me if Ron Hatton is in fact what people seem to think that he is.
Funny thing about us Ecomodders is, a lot of us have made dumb mistakes at one point or another. I tried to make a non-viable form of cylinder deactivation work, while others here have tried other discredited methods. Along the way, we have gained experience in what works and what doesn't. Along the way, as well, we learned a few underlying principles as to what may work and what may not. Therefore, when one of us posts in a deceptive thread, such as this one, we speak from experience.

And, if and when we seem hostile in our posts, it's because we've seen, over and over and over and over again, the same damned attempts at deceptive posting that aim only to lighten the wallets of newbs that post here. See, we think that if newbs get ripped off by one of these charlatans, and they happen to associate the charlatan with EcoModder.com, EcoModder.com might therefore gain an unfair amount of the resulting bad feelings. Therefore, we try as best we can to distance ourselves from said charlatans.

Have fun with jumping off this cliff of yours. There may be others who would catch you or console you once you crash at the bottom, but I will not be one of them. Neither, I suspect, will other veteran EcoModders who have posted here. We tried to warn you against jumping off in the first place, only to have you close your mind to us.

Do ask yourself this question as you are falling... If it really were so simple to improve the fuel economy of a gasoline engine with a throttle plate simply by machining a groove at a strategic spot in the throttle bore, then why hasn't this been done by Honda or Toyota or GM? You know, three automakers who are currently selling highly efficient cars on the market?
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
Mustang Dave (05-06-2013)