View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
divedaddy03
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I think you will need 3 things to test this.
A scangauge (get it now start establishing base line as soon as it comes in the mail).
A dremel tool, I think thats all you need to do the mod.
A unmoddified throttle body from the junk yard if you see a need to complete A-B-A testing.
I would really like to go out and spend money on a scangauge and another throttle body but I don't have any extra. I already have a dremel tool and flex shaft but I don't have anything else and I can't go out and spend money on that today.

I know my average baseline because the car get driven on the same route every time it hits the road. It's a mix of city, HWY, and Interstate (very little city) driving and it's round trip of about 123 miles. I've been monitoring the vehicle MPG Performance for a very long time (by monitoring the miles and gallons at fill up) and I know it's performance. I'll get to the performance in another post.

I just can't spend the money for more things right now...that said, I'll be glad to go get a throttle body at the junk yard in the next couple of months and run a side-by-side comparison (ABA test) by swapping out the modified one with an original and then back again but it's going to have to be a couple of months out until then.

I'm planning on going ahead and modifying the current now, but can go back for testing when I have the money. I will also take you along for the ride so that you all can see in real time what I'm doing. If I get positive preliminary results, I try it out on other vehicles too so that we all can learn.

Unless somebody has an extra scanguage that I can borrow?!

All the best,

Wayne, SC

Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.