View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
riva2model64
EcoModding Lurker

Cam - '94 Toyota Camry LE
Wow - thanks everyone! I am blown back by all the responses!

@mcrews: The EPA on the 97 Avalon is a bit higher than on my 94 Camry (18/28 vs 16/23) even though they both use the 1MZ-FE engine? Also, I'm no expert, but google search seems to say that coasting in neutral on an automatic is bad for the transmission - I'm not sure why people say that, but I know that auto transmissions are really expensive. And thanks a lot for the tip on the Scangauge. I hope it works with my 1994 Camry's computer (its one of the early versions of OBDII thats not fully supported by most newer scan tools it seems). Also, I just started pumping my tires to 40 PSI

@MetroMPG: Thanks for the hill advice! I guess I should invest in fuel economy instrumentation to find out.

@Yes, I mostly do hypermiling for my own curiosity and enjoyment. My friends and family usually argue with my logic and say "its not worth saving 5 dollars a fill-up" but when I tell them I do it for my enjoyment they seem slightly more satisfied. Though the savings are a nice side effect. And thanks for the tip on the ultragauge! I'm trying to find out if it is compatible with my 94' Camry's computer.