View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #627 (permalink)
zoltanbod
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Retired patent holder. Started working in a body shop in 1969. Owned literally hundreds of cars, many rebuilt salvage cars with first one done in 1973. I am driving a salvage rebuilt 2011 Ford Fiesta today.
I have been interested in efficiency since my teens. Studied flight and human powered airplanes before the first successful slights. The same planes are now in the Smithsonian Museum.
Did body work from 18 until just past 30 years age. Sold parts for Mercedes dealerships in Va, Fla, and Texas. Owned my own repair shop from age 37 to age 50. Sold the shop to my number one mechanic and built two houses for tax free capital gains.
The first time I really looked at a rotary aircraft engine, I was fascinated. Later I developed am improvement in the design that was patented in 2010. Pat # 7677208 is for an infinitely variable in wheel hydraulic drive based on the original rotary aircraft engine of WW1.
Today I am working with a machine shop to build a vehicle that utilises my patented in wheel drive with a hydraulic accumulator that allows recpature of deceleration forces as well as constant speed pulse and glide, using the variable stroke in whell drive, to allow the engine to cycle on and off at only peak efficiency while the variable stroke allows constant power application to each wheel while the accumulator reserve varies from a predetermined minimum and maximum pressure levels.

regards
Mech
I like your hydraulic recapture idea. I have done some research on the subject in hopes of one day incorporating that concept into my car when I get the prototype on the road.It seems to have a much greater recapture potential than say the EV. Maybe we could share some thoughts?....I have this car.............