View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #68 (permalink)
bgarceau
EcoModding Lurker

Little Giant trailer

Could not agree more with the premise of this thread.

I bought a fairly expensive, Little Giant 3/4 ton trailer from Northern tool (item #125905 - sorry, not enough posts to include links).

I use this with my '02 Honda Accord Coupe. It has the weight capacity of a 3/4 ton pickup and I don't have large register costs, expensive insurance, don't really have to maintain it, or feed it gasoline.

The major reason for this specific trailer choice was that it has torsion suspension; no springs, and free shock absorption. A great feature that keeps the thing from bouncing all around when empty and provides a smooth ride when burdened.

This thing trailers like a dream!

The front and rear panels are securely attached with pins and are easily removable.

Another long-life feature is that it is strong, due to the heavy gauge galvanized steel frame, hooped square pipe construction, and galvanized sheet metal skin. The electrics are also of reasonable quality.

The trailer arrived in a box, and took me 3 hrs to put together.

The trailer now has the 4' tongue extension kit (meant for hauling kayaks, which I reduced to a 2' extension), and a folding/wheeled jack that I bought from Little Giant, and a spare and spare mount that I bought at the local tractor supply. I also intend to add stabilizer jacks to the rear.

Yes, this is not your yard sale type of purchase, but to me the cost, amortized over its life will be worth the money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgarceau For This Useful Post:
scosmo451 (05-22-2013), slowmover (05-10-2013)