View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
I think eventually Darwin will handle it.

While I agree, the problem with that is all the damage and death caused to other people along the way. If all the idiots just crashed into light poles when they were alone in their cars, then problem solved. But this happened yesterday. A mile and a half away from the auction, at an intersection I go through 10-20 times a week. Of the 6 cars involved, 4 were just people sitting at a red light. The brand new Aston Martin and Mercedes AMG? "Speed was a factor". Ya, you don't say.

Richmond Review - One killed, two seriously injured in high-speed five-car crash in Richmond

They haven't posted the details yet, but I can tell you right now that the Aston and the Mercedes are going to be kids coming back from school (3:30 pm), with less than a year of driving experience. Probably using their phones to video the race. Look at that Escape, or what I think is a Pacifica. If that had been me in my Insight or Civic, I'd be dead. No if's ands or buts. And I went passed this about 20 mins after it happened, so there is no reason other than luck that it wasn't me. I hate the idea of having to drive a big vehicle to be safe (safer anyway), but this is the reality where I am. It's also the reason that I'm the guy that'll yell "Hey F#%$stick, get off your phone and drive!" at intersections.

Last edited by War_Wagon; 05-09-2013 at 08:38 PM..