View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rusty94cx
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
Best comfort upgrades

Ok so we all know the civics are great for the fuel economy. All trims and models. We also know that they are stripped of creature comforts. So far the vx has gotten front sway bar 25-35$ the newer front arms had nice newer bushings so good buy took about an hour. Next up dead pedal free at junkyard. 5 min and nice to rest on lOng drives. Next clock 20$ and about 10-15 min install so nice o have a factory clock where it should be. Next intermittent wipers love it must do upgrade 15$ possibly. Need the icu back of fuse box and the wiper stalk. Took probably 15-20 min. Love it. Last but not least those eg seats are so not comfy. Prelude seats installed. Best ever tool me about 2 hours but I'm not sure what I was trying to do at first. Should be and noe would take 30-45 min. Man adjustable lumbar support lots of bolstering. They are a billion times better than the factory seats.
Anyone have any other nice comfort upgrades for the civics? Rear sway bar is coming sooner or later. Considering doing a rear disk swap. They do weigh 14 lbs total more I believe. The stoping power is far improved. There is one close for the right price. Contemplating.