View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
02 sensors get "lazy" before they fail to the point where you get a CEL. It may be worthwhile to replace one at 80K, but that is a matter or personal choice and my 17 year old truck with 128k, with what appears to be the original sensor, still seems to be working properly. I may replace it this year mostly as a preventative maintenance and to see if I can get a little better mileage, but no CEL. An EGR passageway cleaning is another good idea but again you are facing the possibility of it being an expense that is hard to justify from strictly a cost effective perspective. OBD2 kicks a code when EGR flow drops to the point where the code would be tripped. Basically I never tried to "sell' that type of preventative maintenance to most of my customers until the CEL showed the problem had reached a point where something needed to be done.

On the other hand while riding a Cab in Baltimore when Pop was having some surgery done at Johns Hopkins, I noticed that every single Cab had a CEL and ABS warning lights on and the drivers just seemed to ignore them.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
SentraSE-R (05-13-2013)