View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
dlb
EcoModding Lurker

of all the mods listed so far, ADJUSTABLE intermittent wipers, a clock, and possibly the prelude seats are most interesting to me. a decent stereo is a necessity to me so that's mandatory.

i hate non-adjustable intermittent wipers though because they are always too fast or slow, rendering that setting useless. i prefer the civic's stock mist/low/high configuration to non-adjustable intermittent because at least you can just tap the stalk when you need a wipe every not and then. i don't think i've seen adjustable ones at the wrecker yet. still not terribly familiar with these cars yet so i'm not sure if any compatible adjustable ones are around. i put adjustable ones in my 4wd tercel and 4wd corolla and it was one of my fave mods.

the clock issue is covered by a decent aftermarket stereo, which usually displays the time. two birds with one stone. i usually go with something that has both USB and 1/8" inputs so we can use ipods, blackberries, flash drives, etc. the civic does not have many good mounting points for rear speakers but i did find spots for a pair of 5.25" JBL's i had laying around. i can take a pic if anyone is interested. i wanted to put a sub in the back but my wife is always putting her horse saddle and stuff in the back so it wasn't practical. i also view subs as a necessity since small speakers can't make the bass necessary for a full range of low end frequencies. i'm not into window rattling, high school parking lot bass blasting though, just a great overall stereo experience.

rusty, do the prelude seats require any mods to fit the civic? what years/generation of preludes did you use? can you post some pics? i love good lumbar support.

i may be in the minority here but i wouldn't sweat an extra 14 lbs for rear disc brakes. i think if anyone is that hellbent on cutting weight from a vehicle, they should first make sure that they are personally not overweight. if a driver is 50 lbs overweight, that's an extra 50 lbs that is always in the car when it's driving.

not into tint, personally. had it on previous vehicles and found it was more or less just for fashion. didn't noticeably cut down on heat in the vehicle, and it was easy to damage with cargo in the back. dark tint made visibility an issue at night which was a big deal. not a fan of A/C because it doesn't get hot enough here to use it, and it takes up valuable wrenching space in the engine bay.