View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
jere
EcoModding Lurker

camry wagon - '95 toyota camry LE
90 day: 23.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
the FACT is simple.
Regardless of the quality of a bulb, regardless if it 'fits' physically. It can not (by natural law of the light spectrum) work in a headlamp designed for another type of bulb.

Much like 'lowering springs', 22 rims and turbonators, there will always be someone selling to the uninformed consumer a product that does not work......even though it 'fits'.
I don't know if you are trying to debate with me or you aren't reading what I already typed. I will try to clarify my points a little more, maybe I have been too vague?

One can make an LED light work with modification, I know because I have retrofit HID projectors/bulbs from a newer car into my older car. THE LIGHT WORKS the same as in the factory car the bulbs and projectors came from.

There are cars from the factory ( Simply illuminating: Cadillac introduces its first all-LED headlight system | MLive.com ) that have LEDs I am sure these could be retro fit as well. There also many other bolt on LED options out in the form of fog lights and other auxiliary lights that come with their own housings. Ask a rally driver if those work or not.