View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
rsx2002
EcoModding Newbie

RSX - '02 Acura RSX base
90 day: 37.87 mpg (US)
Im confused! Please help! (Stereo came on by itself)

Here is the situation. Thursday I recieved my brand new windshield size solar panel in the mail and installed it immediately. seems to be working great all day and all day friday. now late friday evening a buddy of mine had his check engine light come on in his camry so I took my scanguage off my car and checked his car out, put it back in my car and left shortly after and went home for the night. then saturday around noon someone wakes me up by pounding on my door and asks me to please turn my car stereo off. I say oh thats not mine I havent been out yet today. He walks over to my car and listens for a minute..."yeah thats definitly your car dude". My car was locked and the keys were not in it. the stereo was bumping and my scangauge was flashing on and off. also my battery didnt have enough juice to start my car. I was hoping it was trying to turn into a transformer or something like that but was disappointed. Any ideas as to what happened? Was it the solar panel or the scan guage that caused this?