View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
asdrewq1
EcoModding Lurker

MPGuino installation/calibration help

hi everyone

I picked up a preassembled mpguino recently from a member on this forum, and got it installed today in my 1996 Toyota Celica GT-Four.

I have managed to calibrate the speedo input perfectly, on the screen which displays the current speed it is pretty much bang on, I am however having an issue with the injector setting.

I hooked up the injector wire to one of the injector outputs on the engine ECU.
My issue is, the mpg readout seems to be acting in reverse! I'm using the instant mpg screen to try and calibrate the reading to a rough ballpark of being correct. When I put my foot down when cruising on the highway the instant mpg goes up! Likewise when I drive slowly it drops. When I take my foot off the accelerator completely the instant mpg shows 9999999 which I think is correct (deceleration fuel cutoff).

Can anyone offer any advice as to what could be wrong? I've played around with the settings but it still seems to be operating in the reverse of how it should be.
One of the displays on my mpguino is a rpm readout, and this displays correctly, so the injector signal feed must be kind of working.

Could it be one of these options in the menu?
- injector type (0, 1, 2)
- injector delay

Thanks for any help. I have a big roadtrip planned in 8 hours and would really like to get it operating correctly by then so I can calibrate!