View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #534 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
*This 'other' teardrop was still within the realm of the 2.5:1 free-air fineness ratio,would have Cd 0.04,but had a bit more 'aggressive' contour,more like Prius and 1st-gen Insight,and respects W.A.Mair's 22-degree limit to protect the boundary layer.
*It really needs to be thought of based on its own original architecture,independent of the original drop.

Thanks for all the imaging magic! No way do I have the facility to enhance the visuals as you have done.We're miles and kilometers ahead of my chicken scratching.
First off, Thank You Phil for staying with us here in this Forum. Your insights are truly appreciated by me and everyone else I'm sure.

Here I made a "Digital Copy" of your AST-II and maintained the 1.7 aft portion per your guidance in the last post. It is within a pixel or 2 of what you have drawn, I did leave out some details and took the liberty of "Arching" the angle measurements.

I must say the degree of precision in your drawing becomes apparent as I was tracing it, it is difficult to explain why I say that, but it is very noticeable as I used my drawing tools as to how close you come to some very ideal curves. My hat is off to you once again.

Please tell me if this offends you somehow and I'll delete it from here immediately.

This is a small version.

Click HERE for a big (1600 x 800) full resolution detailed JPG version

Last edited by ChazInMT; 04-20-2015 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Updated Drawings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
aardvarcus (05-30-2013), aerohead (03-12-2016)