View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Ya, I'm going to add some 2x4's. I got the grounding lugs and #6 wire threaded through all 12 panels and then drove a big grounding pole thing like 8 feet into the ground, so I officially won't get shocked by touching the frames now, not that I would have anyway. I also drove another grounding rod into the ground next to the shop, where the AC box thing is going with all those "20 and 30 amp trip circuits" inside it. I also just got 250 feet of 10/3 underground feeder cable. I'm going to put outdoor plugs near the house so I am not messing with the house wiring.

I got a small protoboard soldered together for a DC voltage monitoring circuit. (seemed like a good time for a new paragraph, but I was never very good at knowing when to do that). I'm just going to feed the output of that to probably the throttle position on one of the DC controller control boards that I had done for the "1000 amp controller". That will be the MPPT charger control section. I've done up a driver section for a 600v 600amp IGBT half bridge. Since I'm just doing a buck converter, I'll only need the single module. The copper sheet is here, the 500uF ring capacitor is on it's way. I probably need another 8 6v batteries since I have enough power to charge the 48v battery bank at over 100 amps when the ambient temperature is over 100 degrees. Not a good combination. Maybe I'll make a little battery box and put a super tiny air conditioner inside it.