Thread: EP3er Here
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
EP3
EcoModding Lurker

02WhiteEp3 - '02 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 28.35 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to EP3
EP3er Here

Hey all I have a 02 Honda Civic Si. I just found about this group of "Hyper Milers" I am 25 year old male. When I was 16 I would have laughed at this, but hey gas was like $1.50 or something then (maybe an exaggeration).
I am really interested in this. See my problem has been on the life on the road, the dreaded lead foot issue, and was big in racing and felt like it was a competiton, but when I was 18 a had a bad wreck while racing. I've learned from that wreck and will never race again. I watched some videos of hyper milers and found out there are some out there like me that see driving as an unspoken competition. I am taking my curse and trying to make it into a good thing. So if there are some here I feel your pain and let me know if it has worked for you.
I have just started my hyper miler experience. I know the performance end of my car but not too much on the economy. My car is pretty much stock with a K&N drop in air filter. I have removed all excess weight from my trunk and thinking of removing spare tire and just putting "fix a flat" and a tire pluger in the same spot to save some weight. I have 205 60 15 tires which are one size big I have ordered some 195 60 15 H rated tires. They are Falken Ziex Ze 912 195/60R15 20Lbs. 480 Treadwear ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE ALL-SEASON tires (direction tires). Just due to $53 dollars a tire to get me down to the right size let me know soon if this is a bad size. On my 205 60 15 I am at 46 psi all around (51 psi max) from the 33 front and 30 rear sticker on the car. I am in hot weather here in NC, it has been around 90 degrees lately. Another question; is that too high for my current weather?
I know I have a lot reading and research ahead of me to get good. I do mostly city driving. Next month I am buying a house and my commute will be about 30 miles. 95% highway. I am sorry but for now I have got to use my a/c or in the morning I maybe could crack my windows, but not sure if that is better than a/c . I work for 24 hrs so my cumnmute is always in early morning. Sorry a ton for a first post but you guys and girls sound like a good bunch.

p.s. I am a Firefighter so I will try to Hyper the fire truck , who will care about my response times.

Thanks again all.