View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Shortie771
Eco Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMichler View Post
YAY, another Colorado/Canyon owner. Here's what I did to my 06 Canyon: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...yon-17070.html

My grille block changed slightly after hitting a deer. The main grille is still 100% blocked, the two openings on either side of the license plate are 100% blocked with acrylic plastic, the opening under the license plate holder is 100% blocked with Gorilla tape, the fog light covers have been removed, and the slit between the grille and the bumper is now open. No signs of overheating, but the highest temperature has only been 70 degrees.
Wow, you did an excellent job on your topper. I looked through the pics and it looks great. Also looked through your modding thread and it seems that fully enclosing the grill block netted you 1mpg in the summer, but it really seems to pay off best in the winter, giving you 2mpg. I guess it does a decent job at keeping that engine warm Keep up the good work!

I am not sure how the temps get for the OP though, so it probably wouldn't hurt to monitor your engine temps just in case. Better safe than sorry in this case. I would rather take the time to check my temps than end up with a warped head (probably worst case scenario).

Can't wait to see you start getting those numbers up. Sill waiting to see a truck with a belly pan with actual A-B-A testing to show the gain.

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI