Thread: EP3er Here
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
EP3
EcoModding Lurker

02WhiteEp3 - '02 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 28.35 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to EP3
Not sure about how bumpy at 46 Psi. I just did this today. I will try to get on the highway soon and see how bad it is. I also have a short commute for now, something like 5 miles one way. It seemed noticably harder (the tires I know duh more psi but I can feel it in the ride) though in my short drive. Also my car does not ride nearly as smooth pre any hyper mile stuff as my wifes 2005 Honda Civic 4 door Lx. This is obvious due to it being a Si, with a different suspension. I noticed before when I go over speed bump it seems harsh. Maybe this is what you are you talking about. It may be the fact I have 205 60 15. It could make a difference with your size. I had 16 on another car and they did seem hard too. But I think they where 205 45 16 on after market rims. One thing maybe is that I thought the knewer Ep3s 2005yr have a five lug pattern maybe a slightly different setup? It is not what you want to hear but it could be many things. BTW my car has 79k miles on it right now. Also could be the tire brand. Just a guess. But I will get back with on a update on my experience. I wonder if anyone has used directional tires with better MPG, I know the handling is suspose to be better.

Last edited by EP3; 06-22-2008 at 11:21 PM..