View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fletuitus
EcoModding Lurker

Xcivic - '99 Honda Civic HX

Xcivic - '99 Honda Civic HX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
Hey, sorry to bring thes back from the dead. How did you find out what resister it was? Did you fix it or buy a new sensor? My car threw a cel just recently and it is doing that surge you are describing. Out side of lean burn (a little below 2500) it is like hopping in and out of lean burn. So weird. I'm watching my mpg go 47-55-47-55-47-55 all down the highway. I don't get it. It's getting killer milage, but it just threw a code 61. I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new 300 dollar sensor. I'm going to try cleaning it first with sensor cleaner I guess.
Hey Jakins.. sorry for lag... They did a OHMS/continuity test with a multi meter (black to ground, red to sensor heater wires).. I bought another new one. The new one I had bought came from ebay, and came with a bad resistor which is why it was so hard to identify.. To speak directly to your problem.. make sure its none of the other potential probs.. dirty IAC or egr if you have an D16Y5, intake/vac leaks, timing, fuel filters, etc.. I also recommend getting the primary O2 sensor from honda if you have an HX as it is 5 wire O2. While you can find others that will work the one from honda is set up with specific resistances etc.. the stock ecu likes it. Also I live in California and they just recently tightened the tolerances on passing smog so it is important to have the proper one..
The Following User Says Thank You to Fletuitus For This Useful Post:
hxman (10-14-2013)