View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
jime57
Master EcoModder

OurInsight - '06 Honda Insight
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Fiddling around on a sleepless night, I found these videos. A couple stills from the first video were posted earlier in this thread, but the video itself seems to have only just appeared on Youtube. Watching the smoke test of several details that make the low Cd possible is interesting: wheel-well curtains, spoiler, tail light fixtures, a-pillar, rear view mirrors, and others:

And here is the "preparation" vid, which is kinda fun. It shows the procedure for putting the car in place and securing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LqeljvJ6j-k

Impressive facility. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit of a sought-after privilege to work in it.
It is all very impressive and no doubt that the car is good, but I remained unconvinced on much of these MB Cd numbers. After all, we only have their testing and their word for the results. There are ample areas of doubt such as the open rear wheel arches, the huge wake (shown in the video) and the questionable wheel designs. It would be very interesting to have the Insight and the CLA tested in the same wind tunnel.