View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
theplaidmutt
EcoModding Lurker

new to me 2011 Honda Insight

Finally did it and I couldn't be happier! Almost 3 long months of going back and forth between Civic's and Prius's and I settled on the Insight. It really came down to price and vehicle condition as it was hard to find a really nice 2nd gen Prius without 100,000 miles in my price range and well all Civics I looked at had some measurable amount of body damage. Last week...a car that had been previously 16k was at the dealership with its lowest price before auction...just shy of 14k. I was able to score it for 13250 and it was with the help of the sales manager...old friend from high school. He ended up losing about 1k in the end on it in the almost 100 days that they had it. Detail...2011 base in black, just under 30k miles, all maintenance records and its flawless well aside from a half-assed rear bumper touch up. But otherwise...perfect for me! So far on every combined trip I have been averaging at least 48mpg and thats going a few above the speed limit and having some moments of "spirited" driving. So far 100 miles added in the few days that I have had it and I couldn't be happier!