View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
theplaidmutt
EcoModding Lurker

now the wheel discs...i took a good look at the stock wheels and noticed that at the highest points of the wheel it is level all the way across (if that makes sense...from lip to that raised around around the hub). so i thought great...ill get some round pizza pans and make some wheel covers because well I hate the stock hubcaps. but then I started thinking about paint...road debris...durability and thought that thin gauge metal may not be the best option. then i literally searched "16 plastic disc" on ebay and found someone (carlsievering) who is selling exactly what I am looking for and the cost is 17.00 a piece (have almost 100 for sale). i also really like the idea of having a hole in the middle to break up the "flatness" (it also may be large enough so that the lugs will be completely exposed) and it also would allow me to use a classic Honda wheel center cap. i also thought that 1 lb 9oz is not too heavy either. i will probably order the discs in a day or two and then once i get my new tires in July ill put it all together. all that being said...it will look awesome (to me)...and well unique and not like a pizza pan or moons!

nm about being able to access lug nuts...they will be covered over but the center cap will be visible which was most important to me!

Last edited by theplaidmutt; 06-03-2013 at 12:38 PM..