Thread: Low cost BMS
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #104 (permalink)
arber333
EcoModding Lurker

Problem solved

Hi guys

I solved my problem of the jumpy comms. After msg with NevilleH about his input RC filter i tried as he did.

I got one 0,01uF(103) ceramic cap and soldered it across input resistor R1 (2,2K) pads with R1 in the middle. The first try was a dud. The disturbances were even higher. After brief msg with NevilleH he reccommended using scopemeter to identify the cap value where comm signal tops start to get rounded. That got me thinking; i was actually using different opto than he was. He used Vishay VO615A series but i got SFH618A. However the first couple cell boards i made according to original BOM. I went and cannibalised those boards and switched optos. Hurah! Success the first time. Comms are stable and glitches are gone. It looks like it wasnt the lines that were saturated, but master had its filtering set too wide.

I guess i will stop working on optical comms for now and focus on bluetooth serial connection and android app to show every cells voltages for the full pack. Finaly i can drive with confidence!

A