View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
SiVX
EcoModdingRealist

The Blue Lagoon - '92 Honda Civic VX
FS: 1992 Honda Civic VX 152,XXX miles. $4,000 FIRM

PRICE LOWERED TO $3,700

History:
92' Honda Civic VX w/ 152,000 original miles, in good condition. 3 owners. Car was first owned by a lady in New York City where it was driven very little. I bought the car from it's second owner, who lived in New Jersey and used it for work as a vehicle to deliver pharmaceuticals. I purchased the car in April 2012 as an experiment. I'm an engineering student and am fascinated with high MPG vehicles.

Modifications:
I made some simple modifications to the car in pursuit of high MPG.
I swapped the seats out with bolstered 1997 Honda Prelude seats and added an NRG strut brace to allow for faster cornering (less braking needed).
The exhaust was rusting so it now has a 2007 Honda Civic Si exhaust. (Bolted right on, just needed the muffler hangers moved back about 2". Helps MPG back reducing exhaust back pressure)
It now sports Honda Civic HX wheels. These are also extremely light weight wheels, like the original VX wheels. They are an inch bigger (14"), weigh just over 11 lbs. each and were manufactured by Enkei.
I replaced the side mirrors with Spoon style mirrors. (Sporty and reduced drag) Then added a JDM passenger mirror block off.
Intermittent wiper stalk from Honda Civic EX.
Metalized tint to keep interior cool.
Installed a OEM cruise control button, hooked it up to fuel pump to use as an engine shut off switch for off coasting and slick anti-theft device. (unhooked at sale for liability)
Also has eBay Si style gauge clusters, eBay front lip to direct air away from wheels and JDM glass lens head lamps.

Maintenance:
I changed the timing belt and water pump after purchasing it, because I was told it hadn't been done. After all the work the belt was actually in good condition, still changed everything.
Replaced the spark plugs, spark wires, and entire distributor.
Replaced ground wires.
Replaced valve cover gasket and repainted the cover. (speed up warm up time)
Cleaned EGR valve and replaced gasket.
K&N air filter for a more free flowing intake.
Has new rear drums and pads.

Included:
MPGuino. Hooks up to VSS signal wire and gives immediate MPG readings. Paid $35 for it.
Passenger mirror (I removed and added a block off)
Full gasket set I ordered online when changing valve cover gasket and EGR gasket.
Honda Insight light weight aluminum drums I saved from a junk yard.

Notes:
The car runs great. I got up to 46 MPG with it when hyper milling! Clutch is a little light, may just be that it's an economy car. Shifts and engages fine. There was some rust growing on the passenger side, typical Honda thing, I cut out the affected metal, used bondo to fill, then covered with fiber glass jelly, resin and mesh. Then bondoed again and sanded to a smooth finish. I've never painted though so it's staying that way. No other real rust issues. The price is firm due to the low miles and condition. I used the car as a backup to drive back and forth to college and to study the engineering aspects. Suddenly, I haven't put more than 50 miles on it in the last 7 months.

Call or text Tim at (540) 671-1006.
Located in Front Royal, VA.

[ACHV ALL]

Last edited by SiVX; 06-20-2013 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Lowered price. Mods please delete "$4000 FIRM" from title