View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Okay, I really do not feel that this is scientific, but I do not know how else to do this:

"B:" Tuesday 5:00 AM
69°F
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 28%
Wind: 0 mph

I only got 31.0 MPG.
Still not scientific, in fact, quite possibly a complete waste of time and fuel. I did the route again at sunrise, but it was far warmer, closer to my original run (89°) than my "B," but I was trying to do schoolwork and stuff.

81°F
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 18%
Wind: 0 mph

"31.4 MPG." It seems like people use quotation marks (apostrophes--most punctuation in fact" without any comprehension of what they are supposed to do with them, but before I left I replaced my velcro with failed adhesive with 3m tape and reattached my Ultragauge. However, instead of resetting my MPG in seconds, it took me the three blocks to my stop sign. Three-tenths of a mile may not mean much when I drove more than fifty miles after that, almost exclusively on the highway, but I wanted to account for it, so I drove home (31.5) and back (31.5), but when I returned home, it read 31.4. Since my engine was cold and therefore less efficient, I adjusted it down.

I do not think that any of that is scientific, but again, this was a fraction of one percent of the distance that I drove and since I originally got 31.5 MPG at 89°F, this will do. I am going to edit my original post and try to move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-26-2016)