View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #74 (permalink)
shorty_boy
EcoModding Lurker

Metro,

Good work. Thank you for educating the community. My wife use to be a nay sayer about eco driving (she still is at times) but she has seen the difference. After complaining about how I some how get better gas mileage than her and well above EPA, she has started to learn a few things. She has always commented on how much a an alert driver I am and she too has notice that just employing a few techniques, she is also more alert.

I think that this should be part of a driver's ED course and/or a required course to get a license in this country (USA). In the bid to reduce our carbon foot print, we have started designing boring cars that are no longer fun just to compensate for people's bad habits. I want to see more insights (first gens), CRXs, and metros on the road. Are these cars under powered for most people's taste... maybe, But they are fun to drive and with a few eco-modding/-driving techniques, you wont miss having a car that goes twice the posted speed limit with 200 more HP than you should ever need.