View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
CapriRacer
Tire Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Yah - it's called "being lazy.".....
I'm not sure I agree. I have seen people expend an incredible amount of energy trying to find someone to answer a question when the answer was easy to find on - say - Wikipedia, or even a simple internet search.

I've also been on the receiving end of people who ask question after question. - again, when the answer was available elsewhere in a concise format.

Like I said, there is something in human nature that seems to want to talk and ask questions rather than do research. I'm sure a psychologist could tell us what that is, but I'm a technical guy, so it's a mystery to me.

Oh - and a Post Script:

Don't you think it would be better to be welcoming and understanding of those who are new to the subject? Rather than being demanding and condescending.

I would think that for a website like this to be successful, the population would overlook the usual pratfalls of newbies. People don't react well to sarcasm - and they certainly don't change based on sarcasm. If that's your modus operandi, then don't be surprised that people react badly and continue the behavior you find objectionable.

Unless, of course, that's what you want to happen.

Visit my website: www.BarrysTireTech.com
New Content every month!

Last edited by CapriRacer; 06-08-2013 at 06:55 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CapriRacer For This Useful Post:
jeff88 (06-08-2013), MetroMPG (06-08-2013), Sporty Modder (06-08-2013), UltArc (06-08-2013), wdb (06-08-2013)