View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #37 (permalink)
aktacoma
EcoModding and having fun

Ol' Honda - '84 Honda Civic 1500 S
90 day: 37.03 mpg (US)
I apologize in short for my brief first post usually I tend to post more. The truck right now has goodyear fortera's 235/75 r15 235mm(9.25in) wide, 176.25mm(6.9in) tall; 6.9 in from rim to tread. 28.8 in overall height
originally had 225/75 225mm(8.86 in) wide 168.75mm(6.64 in) tall, stock overall height 28.28 in
I really don't care about looks that much see pic below
the truck actually is a lot peppier after I installed the electric fan and removed the A/C and power steering belt. so I might get away with one more size up

here is the main reason I got mad

"How'ed your 'search' go????????

Probably 100 threads on this topic......with research and testing........" -mcrews

8 question marks
15 periods

"People don't react well to sarcasm - and they certainly don't change based on sarcasm."- capriracer

exactly!

If you would have instead wrote
" did you search for this? there are quite a few threads on this topic specifically and I think if you look you will learn some valuable info"

says same thing and keeps us both happy because I find the info w/out being spoonfed it and you dont have to deal with answering the stupid questions.

I would have said you know I didnt even think to search I will go do so thanks for reminding me!

"I make an effert to greet almost every newbie.
I typically post a very short
'welcome and dont forget to put tires at 40+psi'

Now according to op, that is rude and I should provide a link....
what about posters who say 'dont forget the 65 ....' and don't post the link?"

let me retract my original statement about links at the time I was quite aggravated.

" I replaced bigger cooler fatter stock tires on my Tacoma with some taller skinnier un cool road only tires. Got maybe 1-2mpg gain. It was not worth it because my truck looked stupid with street tires. Maybe if I got 5 mpg gain it would be worth the humiliation." smellycat

my point of view is 2 mpg for tires plus 20 mpg for all the other miscellaneous stuff is big bucks! If any specific mod on a vehicle did 5 mpg or 25% of a change against epa's number dont you think they would do that stock?

As far as mcrews questioning my gear ratio I looked it up based on the door jam sticker that says B02A B= 8 in ring gear 02=3.58 A= 2 pinion open gear
other than that I havent counted my splines or what not.

Thanks guys for any additional help

edit: added to first paragraph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	13188  

Last edited by aktacoma; 06-09-2013 at 01:54 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to aktacoma For This Useful Post:
HypermilerAX (06-09-2013)