View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
aktacoma
EcoModding and having fun

Ol' Honda - '84 Honda Civic 1500 S
90 day: 37.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
Op said:
my point of view is 2 mpg for tires plus 20 mpg for all the other miscellaneous stuff is big bucks! If any specific mod on a vehicle did 5 mpg or 25% of a change against epa's number dont you think they would do that stock?

I really hate to go here but.....
THe op doent believe that larger tires work to increase mpg. (which is ok....all are allowed there own beliefs)
BUT he nneds to do the research to change his beliefs. Being 'polite' wont fix it. I could post 10 links and he wouldn't read them.

The fact (and I saw this ealier but didnt see the significance until now....) was when he challenged Mech on if he REALLY got better mileage with larger tires.

Which all goes back to my original point....wouldn't op like to learn the concept behind the answer????

THe answer is no!!!!!!!!
I laid uot the parameters for larger tires on trucks and instead of engaging and discussing those parameters he posts the above comment.

so to answer his comment: ITS A TRUCK!!!! not an eco box. Trucks are suppose to pull not get great mileage.
Econerds arent even in the bell curve of truck buyers.
the comment about 2 mpg was that to me thats great! not that tires dont work didnt say anything about him not gaining 2 mpg just said that is a big enough difference for me to make it worth it.

I dont consider a tacoma a truck its like a small suv I already told you if I need to haul anything or tow anything dont you think I would use my 1 ton diesel?? at any given time it will probably have only 200lbs of gear in the back when im doing trips. thats it..

question? does it make my sayings more effective if i post them like this?????????
wow what a jackXXX.
must require tooooo much time to use elementry school punctuatuion..
-mcrews
MY PUNCTUATION?????????
GO SCREW YOURSELF!