View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #48 (permalink)
mikeyjd
Master EcoModder

Matchbox - '93 Ford Festiva L
Team Ford
Last 3: 70.16 mpg (US)

Salamander - '99 Chrysler Concorde LXI
Team Dodge
90 day: 30.3 mpg (US)

Urquhart - '97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 3.4L DLX
Pickups
90 day: 25.81 mpg (US)

Smudge - '98 Toyota Tacoma
90 day: 40.65 mpg (US)

Calebro - '15 Renault Trafic 1.25 dci
90 day: 39.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktacoma View Post
another thread by op.....

36.4 mpg in tacoma 4x4
-mcrews

you know I appreciate you bringing this up. if you will notice my start date was late April so if you think about it I have been ecomodding for about 2 1/2 months if any of you would put ego's aside and do what they tell you to do for your cars and I mean even the stuff you think looks ugly you would have not problems getting that mileage in a tacoma! the fact that I have some good results because I follow directions points in no way toward my technical knowledge Im 19 what do you expect? I'm not some super genuis that is defying laws of gravity?

that said if a 19 year old with no college and only following directions on this site can get 36.4 mpg why the hell cant the rest of you put aside your egos and pull great mileage in all your cars?

thats all I did I weighed my ego to my mpg readings and said enough is enough even if I get Sh!t from everyone i know im not going to cahange my hideous car because it actually works!
I think the mpg readout is an interesting thing. Initially I found it quite fascinating and wondered why allot of folks that seemed to be 10-20 years ahead of me in knowledge and experience didn't care about their ranking or numbers all that much.

The more time I spend on here the more I realize that while it's a cool thing to be able to post what you're mileage is, it's only really worth as much as your credibility.

Any person can get on here and make a profile and claim to be getting 50+mpg in xxx car, but it really doesn't do the community allot of good to know what you're getting, without very good details about how you're getting it. Diesel_Dave is a good example of someone who is getting some "hard to believe it's true numbers" but he has documented the journey well and has built his credibility while sharing his knowledge so that others can duplicate what he's done.

I like that this site gives me a way to compare my vehicle/driving efficiency with others to see how I can improve. None of that would be possible without the people that run this site (especially Darin) and the dedicated posters who are trying to help people get where they want to be. While I find the challenge of getting uber awesome mpg readouts thrilling (much like my old video game addiction), the numbers themselves tell a small part of the whole story

Last edited by mikeyjd; 06-09-2013 at 03:04 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikeyjd For This Useful Post:
aktacoma (06-09-2013), mcrews (06-09-2013), WesternStarSCR (06-12-2013)