View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
markjs
EcoModding Lurker

Myth Busters SUCKS! (HHO mod, does it work?)

I only recently found out about the "run your car on water" thing, and I was very excited about this prospect. I realize that running a car solely on water for a hundred bucks and some modding is ludicrous, but the concept of using it in conjunction with gas sounds very logical and reasonable to me.

So imagine my delight when my girlfriend leaves it on the Discovery channel when she left and I didn't change the channel, and the concept is part of their show. But then after wasting a half hour to see what the results were, I see them try to run the car on the HHO system alone. Never did they even suggest that one can use it in conjunction with gasoline!

They made it seem like the big oil company conspiracy is just a myth, but what I think they really did is proved it isn't a myth to me. Somehow they were told that they had to exclude this information from the show. I don't know if they sold out for a dollar amount to keep it quiet, or if the Discovery channel told them they could not present the information because of their advertisers.

I really want to know if this works and I think talking to a person who has done it would be much more likely to be the truth than what any for profit company will tell me, so thank god I found this board. I really want to believe that this modification will work, because I am of VERY limited means. I really can't throw the money at a pipe dream. The omission of the test leads me to believe this mod works, but I want to hear it from someone who has done it. Thanks in advance!