Thread: Notepad?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
hat_man
Master EcoModder

Oh Deer - '03 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 33.97 mpg (US)
Notepad?

I was just going through some threads trying to glean as much new knowledge as I could when my brain sent me an error message saying "out of memory". I have a very small brain you know. LOL.

I then had an epiphany (and saw the post below this one). My cheesy little LG cell phone has a notepad section where I can write down short notes to myself. Can we come up with something like that on the site? I know that I could save individual threads in PDF format, but sometimes I only want a certain post in that thread. If it's a thread of 50+ posts that's a lot of PDF to have to go back through just for a few sentences.

I guess I could just do a CCP (cut/copy/paste) and put it in a Word doc. but even that is a bit cumbersome. I am not much of a computer guy and I know there may be a ways to link to certain posts, so these are my ideas.....

1) A section that enables members to write notes similar to my phone. A member could then jot down certain threads and post #'s. Or just random thoughts.

OR

2) A section that would enable members to create links to certain posts.

OR

3) A combination of the two.

So many times I have read something here that I wanted to find again or was reading a post and thought "Some one else said that too." but wasn't able to track it down. Or I just had a random thought that was ecomodding related and wanted to jot it down for reference and later investigation.

What do you think?