View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
rabbit640
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
There are plenty of people who have already ruined perfectly good civic VX's with engine swaps, so if you really want to go that route you might find exactly what you are looking for.
The difference between a VX and a CX once you pull the engine out for an engine swap is the VX has more wiring for the lean burn and the v-tec, if you are going to go with a 3 stage v-tec you are going to have to hack up the wiring anyway and you are not going to use the lean burn part of the wiring and you are going to pull the engine that the car was designed to use and that people get 50-60mpg with stock.

There are plenty of civics with engine swaps but finding one that is stock is rare.

It almost sounds like you need a motorcycle.
Not looking to destroy a beautiful VX. I have respect for this car: honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1535304&highlight=turbo

From what I have been reading the 64 mpg turbo y5 is tempting, but most are unsuccessful and end up with a butchered VX getting 35 mpg combined. However, lots of engine swaps with the y5 are successful, yielding more power, but less mpg. Alternatively, I could just stick with a stock z1 and do very minor mods to increase power (very minor). One mod that comes to mind would be a 2.25 inch piping catback exhaust. I would get better mpg and more power since the motor would be able to exhale at full capacity (emissions standards are non-existent in my city).

So.... either boost the power of a z1 or boost the mpg of a y5. Which would be easier?

Last edited by rabbit640; 06-15-2013 at 12:18 PM..