View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
justme1969
Master EcoModder

There are alot of pleasure boats now that are electric drive and you may be surprised at how long the batteries last for pleasure use. The jet ski drive Idea is brilliant.
Ive already had same Idea myself but insofar as most of my Ideas I cannot afford to act upon.
The most feasible idea I contemplated was twin jet ski motors nothing too intense and A fair sized electric main drive.
This was for a Tri Cat though and much of the roofline in No Step areas would be solar chargers.
Two wind turbines one small one fixed to mainsail. And a restowable larger one for fast charge. Enough of my dreams though. dont get a boat that is tough to get up onto plane or it will just be an energy leech. A design that is light and will rise up outa the water at low speeds is what you need to look for like slim bass boat etc.
I would love to see you do this build really the single jet ski motor may not do as well as expected though. The internal pitch is designed for high speed economy and its probbably never going to get there alone. I wanted mine for emergency and port navigation they would have been quite overwhelmed by the weight and displacement of the tri cat for just motoring along.