View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #89 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
What if you made the splines longer, over-ran the cutter, and then cut the spline to the proper length?
The shaft is smooth on the center for 1.5" where bearings seat, I'd need to over run the splines in to where the bearings get pressed on to the center of the shaft, I only have so much room for the bearings, but I suspect I'll end up just pressing bearings on to splines half way and hope that it doesn't screw up the bearing.

Ben, bring that helmet! I don't have any working lights (yet) but I did manage to bypass the low battery safety cut off, seems that the CPU thinks the battery pack has a bad cell, but the total pack voltage is perfect! the CPU has one other issue where it doesn't let me shift from display screen to display screen, so no state of charge just amp meter and volt meter... but it works! it's alive! I took it for a few mile ride and it's so much fun and quite, much quiter then those EV motorcycles with chains on them, rear tire is an old, free used tire that seems to be a little out of round tho and the front brake sticks if you use it until you smack it with a hammer, lucky for me I have a hammer! I also need to borrow a GPS to see my top speed.

When I get home and catch up on other stuff, I plan to swap everything over to a motorcycle frame with a title that I paid $250 for that is in awesome shape but has a bad water pump.