View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #226 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Excellent. The only thing I don't see in there is they may be more amenable as we approach the end of the month. [ ]True [ ]Untrue?
Month end isn't quite the same as "time in inventory", but it's a good rule of thumb. The sales people will get paid on a regular basis, i.e. every 2 weeks or whatever their setup is. So to them, they want to close a deal near the end of the month, as their commission will show up on their next cheque. But to the sales manager, he has a time frame to sell stuff within. Usually its either 30, 60, or 90 days. So if that Metro got taken in on the 12th of the month, as much as the salesperson wants to sell it by the 30th, to the boss it's not something that has to go until 30/60/90 days later. So, the salesperson will be more on your side at the end of the month, but their boss is the guy that has the power to fire sale the thing, and he might not be in a rush. And never, ever, buy a car from a dealership on a weekend. Tuesday ish is when you want to make an offer. Most people buy cars on a weekend, so by mid week the salespeople are getting hungry for a sale, so they will work harder for you. Just my 2 cents. The salesman sells you on the car, the sales manager sells you on the price. In this case, you are already sold on the car, so the sales manager is who you need to work on. He wants to move as many cars as he can, with the least amount of grief from unhappy customers. Having cash and saying you won't be an unhappy customer is the route I would go with if I were you. Good luck!