View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rotorheader
EcoModding Lurker

New FNG with a Yaris

I'm 62 years old, and live in Lowell, Oregon. I currently own a 2005 Nissan Titan, a 2006 Honda Pilot, a 2004 Honda SilverWing, and a 2007 Toyota Yaris HB. I was surfing the net one evening about four months ago, found the Yaris, and after researching it for a couple hours, went down and bought one the next afternoon. We live 20 miles from the closest town, so our average trips were close to 50 miles roundtrips, and there were never more than the two of us in the vehicle. I'm averaging 37mpg in the Yaris; sure is different from the 16mpg in the Titan. I have added a ScanGauge II and a Garmin GPS. I also changed out the OEM tires the first afternoon after buying the car; received $120.00 trade-in on them for some Toyo radials which I had sipped after mounting and balancing.

My gasoline bills have been reduced almost enough to make the payments ( 3 years) on the Yaris, as my wife also enjoys driving the Yaris, and keeps her Pilot in the garage. And my insurance company adjusted the mileage estimates on the two gas-hogs to also net me substantial savings. And lastly, for any motorcycle guys, my Yaris gets almost identical mileage as my SilverWing, with its 600cc engine. So when I travel, I first must decide if I want wind and bug guts all over me, or if I'd prefer the A/C and stereo and tinted windows.