View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Side by side two seater, seats close together. No center console or transmission tunnel, cabin width less than 60 inches. Thats the center to center track width of the front tires. Basically length a little over 12 feet, width about 66 inches.

71 VW beam front axle with drum brakes. Probably the only vehicle on the planet with drum fronts and disc rear, at least for now, might put discs on the front later.
Tires are the same Bridgestones that are factory on a Smart Car.

I'm thinking roll cage with gullwing doors and a wide angle mirror above the drivers line of sight that covers the rear view completely.

Front wheels will be skirted once we get the suspension range and turning dimensions loaded and unloaded. Skirts removeable for tire repair.

Windshield and side windows will be lexan. I might try to get the front glass shaped with compound curves (bubble canopy), but for right now it will be curved to the shape of the front end, which is basically round but without a front to rear curve (if that makes any sense).

The rear drive will be configured so it could easily accomodate a different engine, or batteries and electric drive, but the long term objective is to build my patented drive for the single rear drive wheel. The Honda (single cylinder shown in picture) engine, almost .5 liter was basically a trade with my oldest brother. He got it new in the box as a donation and it has probably less than 5 hours running time.

regards
Mech
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-27-2013), Christ (08-30-2013), HHOTDI (09-10-2013), jime57 (09-09-2013), Ken Fry (09-09-2013), mikeyjd (08-30-2013)