View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
I guess I'm still confused how it's still advertised as DC motor and even the specs say it takes DC ("The motor is 92% efficient at voltages between 24 to 96 VDC. Continuous current of 125 amps AC (180 Amps DC into the motor control)") But it's still an AC motor? Can someone explain how that works so I have a better understanding of where I went wrong?
Do you really know what motor you have?
Does your motor have 2 cable lugs or 3 cable lugs plus small hail sensor wires???

Quote:

I'm kind of facepalming because the Kelly is what I was looking at originally. I got caught up in the hype of the Alltrax being the most popular (for other motors. I didn't consider that) and the fact that the Alltrax cost less.
Alltrax controllers have a lot of hype because they don't tend to fail, Kelly controllers fail, I was talking to someone on Sunday who gave up on the kelly controller after paying to mail it back and getting a 2nd dud, friend of mine got a great deal on a near complete electric car after a Kelly controller burned up as the car sat over night and destroyed a $3,000 Netgain motor, look at EVAlbums.com and search kelly controllers and see how many people have had them be a costly mistake.