View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
TurnNBurn
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Do you really know what motor you have?
Does your motor have 2 cable lugs or 3 cable lugs plus small hail sensor wires???

Alltrax controllers have a lot of hype because they don't tend to fail, Kelly controllers fail, I was talking to someone on Sunday who gave up on the kelly controller after paying to mail it back and getting a 2nd dud, friend of mine got a great deal on a near complete electric car after a Kelly controller burned up as the car sat over night and destroyed a $3,000 Netgain motor, look at EVAlbums.com and search kelly controllers and see how many people have had them be a costly mistake.
It's definitely an ME0913 with 3 cable lugs and the sensor wiring. 100% sure of that.

I'm second guessing my choice of the kelly controller since I've been researching them more. I don't like to google "[product] problems" because all I'll find are problematic posts. I can do this with any brand. I'm sure I can find people who hate Alltrax. But Kelly seems to be problematic with a lot more than I care to deal with. So I think I'll stick with the Alltrax and sell the motor. I'll be limited on speed, but I can upgrade the motor to something else compatible in the future.