View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #64 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
It is easy to pick at the scabs of old wounds. It is much more difficult to be a constructive healer. I could sit here and SLAM the automobile for its failures and there would be little good to come of it. I could SLAM fossil fuel for its evils and I would just be spinning in the mud.
Well, a lot of other people here are doing just that, and it doesn't seem to bother them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
What solutions do you think would work for a world that WILL run out of fossil fuels sometime in the near future of humanity?
You don't know that for certain. If you are claiming with absolute certainty that you do, you are either a). trying to sell something, or b). acting on faith. In either case, such a position has nothing to do with discussing the future of energy.

And it's strange that nobody has actually challenged the sheer number of abandoned wind turbines that currently exist. 14,000? All of the articles I've read so far, that supposedly "debunk" this number, use the same kind of hand-waving and emotional outbursts in an attempt to change the subject away from the fact that there were in fact at least 14,000 abandoned wind turbines in existence in the US. "They screwed it up in the past, but We'll Get It Right This Time!" Oh, please. "14,000 wildlife-killing, decaying, polluting eyesores are surely better than the status quo." Really?