View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
metalslug
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
That is not a Civic VX tho, that civic has the D15B engine, not the D15Z1, the D15B engine has a 3 stage Vtec engine instead of the VX's 2 stage.
What you are looking at is a civic hatch back with a Vtec-E, but it's not a civic VX and the engine it connects to is closer to the 1.5L Vtec that was used in a JDM civic that was closer to being an SI then a VX so the automatic you are looking for is most likely not going to be what you really want.
Maybe an automatic out of a Civic HX??? sure they are expensive and break down frequently...
The block is stamped d15b in foreign markets but as you can see below its the same engine. People do confuse it with the d15b which is essentially the d16z6 here in the usa. Here is one for sale D15B SOHC VTEC-E Engine & Automatic Transmission 92-95 - Engine & Transmission - Honda & Acura now the transmission code for it is S4PA and the ECU for that set up is the p84-901. I do have the p07-901 from japan and I am wondering if my ecu can run that transmission properly as I believe it to be an auto ecu from japan. Or can I just bolt up my z6 transmission to it....just looking for some thoughts on this build.

Powertrain

Engine manufacturer:

Honda D15B-series

Engine type:

spark-ignition 4-stroke

Fuel type:

petrol (gasoline)

Fuel system:

indirect injection

Charge system:

naturally aspirated

Valves per cylinder:

Valves timing:

VTEC-E (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control)

Additional features:

PGM-FI; SOHC

Emission control:

Emission standard:

Cylinders alignment:

Line 4

Displacement:

1493 cm3 / 91 cui

Power net:

69 kW / 94 PS / 93 hp (JIS net)

/ 5500

Torque: