Thread: He did the math
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
I support efficiency- people think when I traded in a car, for a new car, it was dumb. When you trade in a $400 car for $500, and get an extra $500 incentive, it works out. When you get a company discount, A plan (1200 off), and then an extra 500 off for getting last years model (5 miles on the odo, never titled, but into the next year)- trading in a car to a dealer for a new car isn't always the worst.

Also, from my limited experience, there is no replacing parts or working on VW transmissions. It's buy a new one. Or replace it with a used other one, but the transmissions are built to be driven to death and replaced- from what I have been TOLD, I am not a mechanic, or VW expert, I have just known two people with VWs who had transmission issues. 2002 Passat and 2004 Jetta. Allegedly they continue to produce them this way.

BUT, it seems strange to calculate replacing a transmission, to me. And for a chrysler, I expect he wants to do a LOT of home repairs. I'm also surprised he didn't go with ANY other midsized, since he could spent LESS money on a better vehicle.

2013 Chrysler 200 vs. 2013 Ford Focus vs. 2013 Nissan Sentra vs. 2013 Subaru Impreza

I fail to understand why people spend MORE money on vehicles that have LESS power AND LESS performance, all things being equal. To each their own, I just don't get it.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.