View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #188 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynovalve Frank View Post
EPA Certification is defaulted with the CARB exemption of which we have two
Nope. Try again.

We're looking for something like this: http://www.epa.gov/oms/consumer/devices/pb84163062.pdf

Not some statement (or even two) from an organization, that you yourself stated only concerned itself whether the modification increased polluting emissions, not whether the modification increases fuel economy.

Quote:
Lean condition compensation is factored by the PCM and calculated against the additional combustibles being ingested into the stream, but again good working O2 sensors are crucial to the operational feedback.
PCM sees an AFR of 14.7:1, it does nothing. PCM sees an AFR of > 14.7:1, it increases fuel delivery to compensate. Introduce a vacuum leak, even a controlled one, and AFR will go above 14.7:1.

Quote:
Put plainly the Dynovalve does not flow more than a PCV Valve, it just operates over a broader RPM range.
So does this Dynovalve flow more than a PCV (because it operates over a broader RPM range), or doesn't it?

Quote:
As far as the PCM programming is concerned, PCV valve flow (loss) is incorporated into the base programming of any electronically controlled fuel injection system, hence it's ability to compensate accordingly. This is because the PCV valve is essentially a "dumb" device and responds solely to a highly subjective signal.
PCM sees an AFR of 14.7:1, it does nothing. PCM sees an AFR of > 14.7:1, it increases fuel delivery to compensate. Introduce a vacuum leak, even a controlled one, and AFR will go above 14.7:1.

Quote:
As far as my Acura is concerned I can only cite my personal findings. I've never felt the need to pull any dyno tests on the car other than tailpipe with my Enerac 700 analyzer. I will post findings from our lab for the comparison you want though.
No lab is needed! All you have to do is post fuel economy readings without this device installed, then post fuel economy readings WITH the device installed! (and you claimed to have read this entire thread...)

The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
mechman600 (07-10-2013)