View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
tjts1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
And it's EPA highway fuel economy rating is...? That 78mpg that Porsche claims is certainly not realistic, just like the Chevy Volt claiming 230mpg.
If you have updated EPA numbers feel free to post them here. Until then 78mpg stands.
Quote:
I hadn't realized the 918 was anything other than a prototype. I just looked up that they do plan to sell them soon. For $800k more than the Vette...
Does that somehow disqualify it as a sports car? Your own words were:
Quote:
To me, a "sports car" must be good at driving on a road coarse, and its performance there defines it more than what specific design criteria was met. I would be surprised if there is any stock, production car that can post faster lap times at the Nurburgring that will use less gas on the drive home.
The Porsche 918 meets your definition in every way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
The traditional definition is 1- or 2- seat only, open-topped and low-slung. Which means, from the list given, the Corvette and Z4 are the only ones that count.
So the convertible Corvette is a sports car but the hard top isn't? The Boxster (22/32) is a sports car but the Cayman isn't? Thats an interesting theory. Keep in mind that the 29 mpg claim was only for the hard top Stingray. No mention of the vert.

Last edited by tjts1; 07-11-2013 at 12:38 PM..